Due to an internal promotion our client, a Consumer Products manufacturer, seeks a strong Financial Analyst as a key member of their Financial Planning & Analysis team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a market leader. We seek a highly motivated self-starter to help lead in-depth financial analytics. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and performing analytical reviews, modeling and reporting for the Financial Planning & Analysis department.
Provide ongoing analysis and supporting detail / rationale supporting business needs and corporate initiatives:
• Develop, analyze and review components of the company’s annual budget and forecasts.
• Complete the monthly forecast including reviewing variances compared to the budget and analyzing the full year impact of the variances.
• Perform financial analyses to evaluate new or existing products along with evaluating new distribution channels/markets.
• Assist in the publishing of business unit results and forecasts for review with Senior Management.
• Help develop and maintain modeling tools and reports that identify relevant trends and issues surrounding the profitability of the company.
• Key Attributes for Success:
• Ability to create complex financial models utilizing Excel and SAP BW.
• Ability to work in cross-functional teams to identify and resolve complex business issues to the benefit of the company.
• Ability to extract useful/relevant information from various independent financial systems and create a comprehensive analysis.
• Strong computer skills (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
• Ability to perform detailed analysis of revenue, cost, and expenses to identify trends, variances and underlying performance factors.
• Detail oriented with a commitment to continual learning / skill building.
• High-energy / self-starter with the ability to work independently with multiple priorities and deadlines.